|Duration:||12 months full-time||Apprenticeship 3 years|
|Fee:||$8,510||Government Funding available (Eligibility criteria apply)|
This qualification is for telecommunications technology operators who assess installation requirements, plan and perform installations, test installed equipment, and fault-find when issues arise with installed equipment.
Telecommunications technology operators may work on:
- cabling networks
- optical networks
- wireless networks.
ACTA has the following admission requirements:
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Have sufficient LLN skills to enable reading and analyzing relevant legislative, regulatory, and industry documentation
- Undertake a Pre-Training Review to determine if the course is suitable for the applicant.
Total number of units = 16
6 core units, plus
10 elective units
- ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
- ICTTEN208 Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks
- ICTTEN315 Determine and apply technologies within a telecommunications system
- ICTTEN317 Locate, identify and rectify telecommunications network faults
- ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- ICTWOR308 Provide customer service to telecommunications customers
- ICTTEN207 Install and test internet protocol devices in convergence networks
- ICTWOR302 Organise material supply
- ICTCBL246 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communication cabling: ACMA Restricted Rule*
- ICTCBL247 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communication cabling: ACMA Open Rule*
- ICTCBL301 Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation
- ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable
- ICTCBL322 Install, test and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises
- ICTCBL323 Test cables and systems on customer premises
- ICTCBL329 Install underground cable for communications applications
- ICTCBL334 Install underground enclosures and conduit
Delivery and Assessment
Mode of Delivery
This program is to be delivered in a classroom-based environment and in a simulated work environment at ACTA’s site (to provide access to appropriate environments for the practical components of the course).
Assessments will be conducted through a combination of questioning, reports, presentations, role-plays, and observations.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
All students are offered the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
Note: ACTA College does NOT offer any full qualification via RPL (ASSESSMENT ONLY) Pathway.
Upon successful completion of ICT30519 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology, the candidate may pursue ICT41119 – Certificate IV in Telecommunications Network Design.
15/3 Lancaster Street, Ingleburn NSW 2565
For More Information
Please call now: 1300730830