|Duration:||26 weeks including 4 weeks holiday|
|Fee:||$5,000||Government Funding available (Eligibility criteria apply)|
This is an entry-level qualification for telecommunications linesworkers working on the construction and maintenance of high-speed national broadband network (NBN) infrastructure.
- perform cable and infrastructure work underground, which may involve civil and construction work such as site preparation, building of enclosures, installing mounting brackets and hauling underground cables
- work above ground to install fibre or metallic aerial cable and infrastructure, which may also include installing aerial lead-in cables to customer premises and providing traffic management.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used may be subject to regulatory requirements.
Cabling on the customer side of the network termination device must be carried out according to requirements of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and relevant industry registration bodies, and in line with the specifications of the access network owner.
ACTA has the following admission requirements:
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Have sufficient LLN skills to enable reading and analysing relevant legislative, regulatory and industry documentation
- Undertake a Pre-Training Review to determine if the course is suitable for the applicant.
This course will be delivered over a period of 35 weeks. Total program duration is 410 hours. Classroom Training of 12 sessions of 8 hours each, Self-Study of 9 Hours per week x 34 Weeks and 8 hours per week x 1 week
Total number of units = 12
5 core units, plus
7 elective units
- ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
- ICTTEN208 Use electrical skills when working with telecommunications networks
- ICTTEN211 Work effectively in a telecommunications network environment
- ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- ICTWOR308 Provide customer service to telecommunications customers
- ICTBWN306 Use radio frequency measuring instruments
- ICTCBL249 Haul underground cable for installation and maintenance work
- ICTCBL250 Haul and fix aerial cable
- ICTCBL251 Install aerial and underground cable lead-ins
- ICTCBL252 Joint and terminate coaxial cable
- ICTPMG201 Prepare site for support installation
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Delivery and Assessment
Mode of Delivery
This program is to be delivered in a classroom-based environment and in a simulated work environment at ACTA’s site (to provide access to appropriate environments for the practical components of the course).
Assessments will be conducted through a combination of questioning, reports, presentations, role-plays and observations.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
All students are offered the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
Note: ACTA College does NOT offer any full qualification via RPL (ASSESSMENT ONLY) Pathway.
Possible job titles include
- NBN Infrastructure Linesworker
- NBN Installer
- Broadband Network Cabling Installer
- Broadband Network Infrastructure Installer
- NBN Optical Fibre Linesworker/Installer
Upon successful completion of ICT20219 – Certificate II in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation, the candidate may pursue ICT30519 – Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology.
32 Terminus Street, Liverpool NSW 2750
For More Information
Please call now: 1300730830