|Duration:||up to 2 days|
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
ACTA has the following admission requirements:
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Have sufficient LLN skills to enable reading and analysing relevant legislative, regulatory and industry documentation
This course covers the following:
Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Infection control
- Heart attack
- Wound and bleeding management
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Head and facial injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Medical emergencies
- Abdominal and chest injuries
- Heat and cold induced conditions
- Poisoning management
- Bites and stings
Delivery and Assessment
Mode of Delivery
This program is to be delivered in a classroom-based environment and in a simulated work environment at ACTA’s site (to provide access to appropriate environments for the practical components of the course).
1. 4 Hour course refresher course for those students with a current first aid certificate.
2. 10 Hour course for those students who have completed a pre-course workbook
3. 2 days 16 hours, Training program for freshers, who are completely new to the program
Assessments will be conducted through a combination of questioning, role-plays and observations.
STATEMENTS OF ATTAINMENT
On successful completion of this course you will be issued with the following statements of attainment:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
As per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every 3 years, and resuscitation skills are renewed every 12 months.
32 Terminus Street, Liverpool NSW 2750
For More Information
Please call now: 1300730830