|Duration:||12 months full-time||Traineeship term: up to 24 months|
|Fee:||$9,750||Government Funding available (Eligibility criteria apply)|
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium sized building businesses.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
Occupational titles may include:
- Construction Supervisor
ACTA has the following admission requirements:
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Have sufficient LLN skills to enable reading and analysing relevant legislative, regulatory and industry documentation
- Undertake a Pre-Training Review to determine if the course is suitable for the applicant.
Total number of units = 16
13 core units, plus
3 elective units
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B Apply structural principles to residential low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B Apply structural principles to commercial low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4018A Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4024A Resolve business disputes
- BSBLDR403 Promote team effectiveness
Delivery and Assessment
Mode of Delivery
This program is delivered in a classroom-based environment and self-paced (online).
Assessments will be conducted through a combination of questioning, reports, presentations, role-plays and observations.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
All students are offered the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
Note: ACTA College does NOT offer any full qualification via RPL (ASSESSMENT ONLY) Pathway.
Upon successful completion of CPC40110 – Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), the candidate may pursue CPC50220 – Diploma of Building and Construction.
32 Terminus Street, Liverpool NSW 2750
For More Information
Please call now: 1300730830