|Duration:||Apprenticeship 3 years|
|Fee:||$12000||Government Funding available (Eligibility criteria apply)|
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
- Vehicle service technician
- Vehicle technician
- Motor Mechanic
ACTA has the following admission requirements:
- Applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Have sufficient LLN skills to enable reading and analysing relevant legislative, regulatory and industry documentation
- Undertake a Pre-Training Review to determine if the course is suitable for the applicant.
Total number of units = 36
20 core units , plus
16 elective units
- AURAEA002 Monitor environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA002 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURETR012 Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETR023 Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems
- AURETR025 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURETR029 Diagnose and repair charging systems
- AURETR030 Diagnose and repair starting systems
- AURETR031 Diagnose and repair ignition systems
- AURLTB003 Diagnose and repair light vehicle hydraulic braking systems
- AURLTD004 Diagnose and repair light vehicle steering systems
- AURLTD005 Diagnose and repair light vehicle suspension systems
- AURLTE002 Diagnose and repair light vehicle engines
- AURLTZ001 Diagnose and repair light vehicle emission control systems
- AURTTA004 Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTA018 Carry out diagnostic procedures
- AURTTB001 Inspect and service braking systems
- AURTTC003 Diagnose and repair cooling systems
- AURTTE004 Inspect and service engines
- AURTTF001 Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURTTK002 Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURLTE001 Remove and install light vehicle engine assemblies
- AURLTF001 Diagnose and repair light vehicle mechanical fuel injection systems
- AURLTJ013 Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
- AURLTQ001 Diagnose and repair light vehicle final drive assemblies
- AURLTQ012 Diagnose and repair light vehicle drive shafts
- AURLTX001 Diagnose and repair light vehicle manual transmissions
- AURLTX002 Diagnose and repair light vehicle automatic transmissions
- AURLTX013 Diagnose and repair light vehicle clutch systems
- AURTTC001 Inspect and service cooling systems
- AURTTD002 Inspect and service steering systems
- AURTTD004 Inspect and service suspension systems
- AURTTF002 Inspect and service diesel fuel injection systems
- AURTTQ001 Inspect and service final drive assemblies
- AURTTQ003 Inspect and service drive shafts
- AURTTX002 Inspect and service manual transmissions
- AURTTX003 Inspect and service automatic transmissions
Delivery and Assessment
Mode of Delivery
This program is currently delivered via apprenticeship only.
ACTA works closely with employers to create a custom Training Plan, for each apprentice or trainee. We recognise that the training plan must follow & reflect the type of projects the employer is working on.
ACTA’s Training Calendar works around three terms per year, aiming to complete 3 to 4 units per term. The Trainer will visit the workplace at least every term, to assess and validate competency, as well as sign off with the employer and student on any evidence necessary to complete each unit.
Instead of losing the apprentices off site each week, ACTA’s blended onsite / online training program is flexible and can accommodate and work around busy periods and project deadlines, utilising gaps or wet weather days, to complete study elements and assessment tasks.
Assessments will be conducted through a combination of questioning, reports, presentations, role-plays and observations.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL)
All students are offered the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
Note: ACTA College does NOT offer any full qualification via RPL (ASSESSMENT ONLY) Pathway.
Upon successful completion of AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, the candidate may pursue AUR40216 – Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis.
At employer’s worksite
For More Information
Please call now: 1300730830