This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
- This qualification may be accessed by direct entry. No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- This qualification is designed to assist in meeting the licensing/registration requirements of those wishing to become a Motor Mechanic.
- This course provides participants with the skills to obtain the occupational position across various industrial sectors. Job roles and titles vary across these different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Vehicle service technician
- Vehicle technician
- Motor Mechanic (General) (ANZSCO code 321211)
- COURSE FORMAT AND PACKAGING RULES
- Total number of units = 36
- 20 core units, plus
- 16 elective units
Individuals who successfully complete the AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, may enter into AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
NOTE: ACTA College does not necessarily offer pathway courses.